Building Permits and Inspections
Through the permitting process, the Building Division of the Development Services Department regulates building and construction in the Town of Lantana.
Many projects in the Town require a building permit. Curious if your project requires a permit? Contact us at the contact information below before commencing work on the project.
Does My Project Require a Building Permit?
Projects in the Town of Lantana which require a permit:
- New buildings, additions to buildings, and renovations
- Structural repairs and additions (doors, windows, shutter, hurricane shutters, porches, etc.)
- Temporary buildings, sheds, pergolas, or accessory structures
- Driveways, parking lots, patios, pavement/pavers
- Roofing projects
- Plumbing, electrical, gas, or A/C related projects
- Generators, electrical equipment, and telecommunication equipment
- Docks, boatlifts, seawalls, and other water related-development
- Fences, masonry walls, and retaining walls
- Solar panels
- Tents, canopies, or awnings
- Swimming pools, pool decks, and spas
- Installation of allowable material in a Town swale
- Construction staging
- Excavations and site work
- And more! Reach out to us at BuildingPermit@lantana.org if you have questions on if your project requires a permit.
Does My Project Require an Inspection?
All permits issued in the Town of Lantana will require inspection. You must apply for and receive a permit before having an inspection.
If you’ve completed work on a permitted project, call the Town of Lantana Inspection Line at (561) 540-5788 before 3 PM to schedule an inspection for the next business day. Inspections are conducted between 10 AM – 3 PM on business days.
When calling in an inspection, be sure to provide the following information: permit number (shown on permit and inspection record), contact name, phone number of responsible person in charge, job site address, and specific inspection requested (ex. Footer, tin/tag, etc.).
How Do I Obtain a Permit?
You can apply for a permit through the Development Services Department, Building Division. Feel free to visit our office at 504 Greynolds Circle or to contact us at the information below for information on submitting a permit. All submittals for a permit require 2 paper copies and 1 digital copy of the proposed work.
If you’re curious if the project meets Town Code and will be allowed in the Town, please reach out to us before submitting a permit application.
Who Can Apply for Permits?
Contractors registered in the Town of Lantana can apply for a permit. Also, a property owner may apply for a permit (within certain guidelines) as an Owner/Builder. All contractors are required to register with the Town by providing specific requested documentation. Visit our Applications page to access the Contractor Registration Form.
Can I Remove Landscaping for a Permitted Project?
No tree should be removed in the Town of Lantana without a valid tree removal permit. Please reach out to Planning@Lantana.org for more information.
Where Do I Find the Permit Applications?
Visit our Applications page to access Permit Applications and Forms.
What If I Want to Report Work Being Done Without a Required Permit?
Reach out to Code Enforcement at CodeEnforcement@Lantana.org or (561) 540-5790.
What Does a True Building Inspection Look Like?
Building inspections occur when an applicant for a permit requests an inspection of completed work. When a permit applicant is ready to have an inspection, they must request the inspection on the Town inspection line. A Building Inspector will only visit your home in the case of a requested inspection or in a response to an emergency event.
The inspector will always be wearing a Town of Lantana name badge. If you’d like to verify the inspection, please call the Development Services Department at 561-540-5776 or email BuildingPermit@lantana.org. If you feel someone is impersonating a Building Inspector, please report this to the Town of Lantana Police Department.
Town of Lantana Building Division Contact Information:
- Location: Development Services Department, 504 Greynolds Circle, Lantana, FL 33462
- Lobby Walk-In Hours: 8 AM – 3:30 PM
- Building Division Main Phone: (561) 540-5780
- Building Division Main Email: BuildingPermit@Lantana.org
- Building Official Main Email: BuildingOfficial@Lantana.org
- Building Inspection Request Line: (561) 540-5788