As Florida continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within our state, it is important to remain calm, vigilant and informed about the virus. In an abundance of caution, Governor Ron DeSantis has authorized a public health emergency in the State of Florida allowing the State Health Officer to take any action necessary to protect the public health of its citizens.
► TOWN OF LANTANA ACTIONS
- All Town public lobby areas are open.
- Visit Enjoy Lantana Events for modified events.
- We ask that any transactions that can be done remotely and not in person be completed for the protection of the employees that serve you and the public.
- Town of Lantana is refraining from shutting customers’ water off due to non-payment and penalties are suspended at this time.
- Town playgrounds and volleyball courts to be re-open on August 28, 2020. However, Maddock Park remains closed.
- Parks and Boat Ramp are open with restrictions per CDC and PBC Order guidelines. Some of the guidelines are:
- Parks are open sunrise to sunset for one-way walking, running and biking, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking while practicing social distancing, dog parks are opened.
- Nature Preserve is open sunrise to sunset with one-way walking while practicing social distancing.
- Boat ramps are open sunrise to sunset, with limitations on capacities, based on size of the boat.
- All Palm Beach County beaches are open with distancing requirements.
- On June 8, 2020 the Town Council approved fee waivers for the following building and permitting activities:
- Permit fees for new permit applications will be waived from June 9, 2020 until September 8, 2020.
- Business Tax Receipt delinquency fees for the 2019 - 2020 fiscal year will be waived for businesses who become compliant before September 8, 2020.
- Restaurants in the Town of Lantana may apply for temporary outdoor seating permits for the use of their surrounding off-street parking. Contact the Development Services Department at (561) 540-5034 or CShamsi@lantana.org for more information or to receive an application.
- Businesses can re-open at a 50% capacity including restaurants, in-store retail sales establishments, gyms and museums.
► FEDERAL AND STATE EXECUTIVE ORDERS - Click here for all Executive Orders (NEW Orders - August 31, 2020)
► COUNTY ORDERS - Click here for all County Orders (NEW Orders - September 9, 2020)
► LOCAL TESTING SITES
- The FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches located at 5444 Haverhill Rd, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, by appointment ONLY. Please call 561-642-1000.
For all testing sites in Palm Beach County, please click here.
► What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)? Click here for information regarding COVID-19
► HELPFUL RESOURCES
- Visit www.coronavirus.gov for all up-to-date information and guidance from the Federal government.
- Additional information can be found through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Click here.
- The Florida Department of Health has a hotline for those with questions about the Coronavirus, open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time: 1-866-779-6121. For more information, please click here.
- Other helpful resources from The Florida League of Cities.
- Para informacion en Español; pou enfòmasyon nan Kreyol: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/resources/#toolkitJump
- President's Relief Act for Small Business Owners - to apply please click here.
- Disaster Loan Assistance - COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application for Small Business Owners: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
- Palm Beach County COVID-19 Business Recovery Resources: https://bizhelppbc.com/
- The Lantana Public Library is now offering FREE paper unemployment applications in English, Haitian Creole and Spanish. We can also give you a listing of FedEx locations that will mail your applications for FREE! Call Library staff at 561-540-5740 for more information. We also have voter's registration and food assistance. We are here to help!
- Please contact Palm Beach County Food Banks if you or someone you know is in need; visit https://www.pbcfoodbank.org/ for more information.
- FOOD ASSISTANCE - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), more commonly known as food stamps, ensures that Americans receive the food they need, especially if they are newly unemployed. In order to apply for SNAP, click here for more information.
- SNAP BENEFITS - What you need to know - Click here
- Florida DCF has suspended all SNAP (food assistance) time limits and work requirements during the COVID-19 public health emergency. No one in Florida should be required to work 80 hours in order to get or keep their SNAP for now. Click here for time limits and work requirements information.
- Palm Beach County businesses may now apply for the CARES Restart Businesses Grant Program. This grant aims to benefit businesses negatively affected by COVID-19, and can be awarded in amounts of up to $25,000. Click here for more information on grant criteria and to fill out an application.
- Youth Services and Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County Provide Child Care Scholarships to Working Families Amid COVID-19 Pandemic. For more information, visit https://www.elcpalmbeach.org/.
Thank you for working with us to keep you and our community healthy !