As Florida continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) within our state, it is important to remain calm, vigilant and informed about the virus. In an abundance of caution, Governor Ron DeSantis has authorized a public health emergency in the State of Florida allowing the State Health Officer to take any action necessary to protect the public health of its citizens.
► FEDERAL AND STATE EXECUTIVE ORDERS
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-68 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Actions for Bars, Pubs, and Nightclubs; Beaches; and Restaurants. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-68.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-69 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Local Government Public Meetings. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-69.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-70 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Broward and Palm Beach County Closures. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-70.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-71 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Alcohol Sales, Restaurants, and Gyms. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-71.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-72 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Non-Essential Elective Medical Procedures. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-72.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-80 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Airport Screening and Isolation. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-80.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-82 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-82.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-83 (Emergency Management - COVID-19). Protective Measures for Vulnerable Populations, Gatherings of Private Citizens and Density of the Workforce. https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-83.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-86 (Emergency Management - COVID-19 - Additional Requirements of Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida) http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/EO_20-86.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-87 (Emergency Management - COVID-19 - Vacation Rental Closures) http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/EO_20-87.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-88 (Emergency Management - COVID-19 - Re-Employment of Essential Personnel) https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-88.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-89 (Emergency Management - COVID-19 - Miami-Dade County, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Monroe County Public Access Restrictions) https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-89.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-90 (Emergency Management - COVID-19 - Broward and Palm Beach County Closures) https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-90.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-91 (Essential Services and Activities During COVID-19 Emergency) https://www.floridaclerks.org/vertical/Sites/%7B9B4229C7-1CD8-4A6D-8111-15B6EB53DCEA%7D/uploads/EO_20-91.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-92 (Amending Executive Order 20-91) https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-92.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-93 COVID-19 Emergency Order - Reemployment Assistance Program) https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-93.pdf
- State of Florida - Office of the Governor - Executive Order Number 20-94 (Emergency Management - COVID-19 - Mortgage Foreclosures and Eviction Relief) https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/orders/2020/EO_20-94.pdf
► COUNTY ORDERS
- Palm Beach County Emergency Order Number 2. http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/Emergency-Order-Number-2.pdf
- Palm Beach County Emergency Order Number 3. http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/Emergency%20-Order-Number-3.pdf
- Emergency Order Number 2020-002a - Replacing Emergency Order Number 2020-002 - Palm Beach County COVID-19. http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/EONumber-2020-002a-Replacing-EONumber-2020-002-PBC-COVID-19.pdf
- Palm Beach County Directing Stay Home-Stay Safe: Safer at Home Policy Amendment - To Emergency Order Number 3. Palm Beach County COVID-19. http://discover.pbcgov.org/PDF/COVID19/PBC-Directing-Stay-Home-Stay-Safe-Safer-at-Home-Policy-Amendment.pdf
► TOWN OF LANTANA ACTIONS
- Town Hall: Lobby is closed to the public, if you need assistance please call (561) 540-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Operations Department: Lobby is closed to the public. For assistance please call (561) 540-5750.
- Development Services Department: Lobby is closed to the public. Permits and BTR submittals will we accepted though a locker out front by appointment only.
- Police Department: Lobby is closed to the public. Intercom system to contact dispatch personnel available, for police assistance dial (561) 540-5701; for records inquiries dial (561) 540-5710 Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
- The Library is temporarily closed to the public. However, we will be offering walk-up services during normal library hours for those that call ahead. Place books on hold via your Library Koha account or call us at 561-540-5740 and we will bring them to the door when you arrive. We will also be offering fax services by appointment. If you are interested in using our library services virtually, visit our website www.lantanalibrary.org for more information on how to connect 24/7 to the library. The Library will also be offering virtual story-times and other fun children’s activities on their Facebook page. Please check www.facebook.com/lantanalibrary for more information!
- Town sponsored events are cancelled.
- We ask that any transactions that can be done remotely and not in person be completed for the protection of the employees that serve you and the public.
- Sportsmans Park: On Sunday, March 22, 2020, Palm Beach County issued Public Safety Order #1 regarding the closure of county boat ramps. Within this order, it allows commercial fisherman to still have access to the boat ramps. In order to allow this access, the town has implemented the following process:
- Sportsman’s Park has been closed (barricades) for recreational boating use;
- Commercial fisherman will be required to call our communications center (561-540-5701) when they arrive at Sportsman’s Park in order for town staff (police department or lifeguard staff) to allow entry;
- They will be required to provide a valid commercial fishing license to gain entry into Sportsman’s Park;
- They will also be required to contact our communications center when they are ready to exit the park and the same process will be taken by staff.
- Effective as of March 25, 2020, all non-critical businesses, parks, golf courses closed in Palm Beach County per Public Safety Order.
- Effective as of March 25, 2020, Brightline services are temporarily suspended.
► TESTING SITES
► What is Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Coronaviruses are a type of virus that causes illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. These viruses are transmitted between animals and people, called zoonotic.
- Shortness of breath
If these symptoms occur, stay home, disinfect all areas. Wait at least 24 hours for fever to disappear. If fever lasts more than 24 hours, seek medical attention.
- Washing hands often for 30 seconds with antibacterial soap reduces the chance of germs.
- Use hand sanitizer (60% alcohol or more) if hand soap is not available.
- If you have not washed your hands, do not touch your face, eyes and mouth as this will increase the chance of getting sick.
- After shaking someone’s hand, wash your hands.
- Stand 6 feet or more away from someone else to avoid particles from reaching.
- Wash vegetables/fruit when purchasing from markets with warm water and white vinegar or warm water and antibacterial soap.
- Take immune system boosters, vitamin C, to help our bodies fight any small symptom.
- If you think you feel sick or about to get sick, stay home, see a doctor, get rest and stay hydrated.
- Disinfect surroundings, door knobs, doors, tables, desks, chairs, anything that is often being touched. Ventilate the room, if there aren’t any windows, spray disinfectant spray often.
- Change bed sheets, towels, etc.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
○ Helpful Resources
- Visit www.coronavirus.gov for all up-to-date information and guidance from the Federal government.
- Additional information can be found through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- The Florida Department of Health has a hotline for those with questions about the Coronavirus, open Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. eastern time: 1-866-779-6121. More information can be found in their website: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/
- Other helpful resources from The Florida League of Cities: https://www.floridaleagueofcities.com/coronavirus-resources
- Para informacion en Español; pou enfòmasyon nan Kreyol: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/resources/#toolkitJump
- President's Relief Act for Small Business Owners - to apply please visit https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/paycheck-protection-program#section-header-4
- Disaster Loan Assistance - COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application for Small Business Owners: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
Thank you for working with us to keep you and our community healthy!