Piers, Docks, and Seawalls Checklist
- All permit applications, two paper copies, and one digital copy of permit documentation should be submitted to the Development Services Department.
- Please note at this time we accept cash or check payments (due at submittal).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your submittal.
Please check to confirm submittal of the following:
- Completed Permit Application, including all proposed elements in the item description (Ex. piers, docks, boatlifts, jetski lifts, seawalls, dock extensions, etc.)
- Contractor Registration Details (State License/Competency, County BTR, Liability Insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Qualifier Details) or Owner Builder Affidavit
- 2 copies of approved DEP Permit or DEP Self-Certification Documentation
- 2 copies of a survey of the property (including all improvements and easements)
- 2 copies of the proposed plan designed in accordance with Town Code requirements, including:
- Detailed construction drawings by a FL Registered Engineer showing the location of all proposed improvements
- Setbacks to joint property lines of immediately adjoining properties, as applies
- Location of any proposed pilings and ladders
- All dimensions and details as required by Sec. 23-134 of the Town Code
- If improvements are being made to an existing condition, clearly label all items “existing”/“proposed”
If applicable, submit 2 copies of the following:
- For seawalls, show the location, seawall depth, and distance from existing seawall.
- For residential docks over 100 feet in length, include engineer certified documentation certifying depth in accordance with Sec. 23-134(a)
- For boat lifts, include boat lift details and size as additional documentation
- For pilings, provide a pile log (prior to frame inspection)
- Submit additional permit applications for any plumbing/electric associated with the project
- Docks, piers, and seawalls are required to meet all Lantana Code requirements, including specific requirements of 23-134. For additional information on Code Requirements, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/lantana/codes/code_of_ordinances.
- Docks and piers in residential districts shall not be used for any commercial purpose.
- No dredging is allowed for new dock construction. Dredging is allowed for maintenance purposes.
- An NOC is required for permits with a value of greater than $2500 prior to scheduling an inspection.