A/C Changeout Checklist
- All permit applications, two paper copies, and one digital copy of permit documentation should be submitted to the Development Services Department.
- Please note at this time we only accept cash or check payments (due at submittal).
- Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding your submittal.
Please check to confirm submittal of the following:
- Completed Permit Application, including description of work (note if an exact changeout)
- Contractor Registration Details (State License/Competency, County BTR, Liability Insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Qualifier Details) or Owner Builder Affidavit
- 2 copies of the AHRI Certificate
- 2 copies of the Town of Lantana Air Conditioning Changeout Form
- 2 copies of the Tie Down Details
Also submit, if applicable:
- If the proposed A/C is not an EXACT changeout, submit 2 copies of a survey including:
- Location of the proposed unit
- Setbacks to the property line from the unit (See Ch. 23, Article V for specific zoning district)
- Elevation of the proposed unit
- If the permit is being pulled by an Owner Builder, submit:
- 2 copies of the Section 608 EPA Technician Certification
- If the project is in the Special Flood Hazard Area, submit:
- 2 copies of a signed and sealed Elevation Certificate
- If the project includes new duct work, submit:
- 2 copies of drawings of the proposed duct work
- If work is being done beyond the disconnect box, submit:
- Town of Lantana Subcontractor Application for electrical and registration details
- $30 subcontractor fee
- A/Cs are required to meet all Lantana Code requirements, including those of Ch. 6 Building and Building Regulations and Ch. 23 Zoning. For additional information on Code Requirements, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/lantana/codes/code_of_ordinances.
- Mechanical equipment may not encroach in a required setback, unless the proposed unit is for the exact replacement of an existing unit.
- A certified NOC is required on A/C permits with a value of greater than $7500 prior to scheduling an inspection.
- Please note this checklist is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional documents may be requested.