Swimming Pool Checklist
- All permit applications, two paper copies, and one digital copy of permit documentation should be submitted to the Development Services Department.
- Please note at this time we accept cash or check payments (due at submittal).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your submittal.
Please check to confirm submittal of the following:
- Completed Permit Application, specifying all items in the request in item description, including decks, spas, and others
- Contractor Registration Details (State License/Competency, County BTR, Liability Insurance, Worker’s Compensation) or Owner Builder Affidavit
- Town of Lantana Pool Safety Affidavit and all applicable documentation
- 2 copies of a recent survey of the property (including all improvements and easements)
- 2 copies of the pool plan designed in accordance with Town Code requirements
Survey/plan should indicate:
- Location of the proposed pool
- Location of any proposed decks if part of the application (if pool deck is raised, include deck height)
- All property lines, with setbacks from all improvements to property lines labeled (view Chapter 23, Article V to determine required setbacks for your zoning district)
- Location of pool equipment (required to meet Town setback requirements)
- Design specifications by a Licensed Professional Engineer
- If the pool is located on a waterfront property:
- Include two copies of GEOTECH soil report
- Label the 20 ft waterfront setback to show compliance for any aboveground improvements
- Pools are required to meet all Lantana Code requirements, including specific requirements for the applicable zoning district of Chapter 23, Article V. For additional information on Code Requirements, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/lantana/codes/code_of_ordinances.
- Pools and spas shall be maintained so the water remains free and clear of pollutants and debris.
- Pools and spas shall comply with the enclosure requirements of the Town Code and Florida Building Code.
- If landscape removal is necessary for the proposed work, a separate permit is required.
- A Certified NOC is required for permits with a value of greater than $2500 prior to scheduling an inspection.