- All permit applications, two paper copies, and one digital copy of permit documentation should be submitted to the Development Services Department.
- Please note at this time we only accept cash or check payments (due at submittal).
- Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding your submittal.
Please check to confirm submittal of the following:
- Completed Permit Application, including material/height in Description of Work.
- Contractor Registration Details (State License/Competency, County BTR, Liability Insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Qualifier Details) or Owner Builder Affidavit
- 2 copies of a survey of the property (including all improvements and easements)
- 2 copies of the fence plan designed in accordance with Town Code requirements. Survey/plan should indicate:
- Location of the proposed fence and gates/openings
- Type of fence material (ex. wood, pvc, chain link, vinyl-coated chain link)
- Height of the proposed fence
- For vinyl-coated chain link, provide if the coating is green or black
- If the proposed fence is located within an easement, submit 2 copies of:
- Signed Easement Consent Form from all agencies with an easement of record on the property
- Copy of the recorded Town of Lantana Removal Agreement (must have recordation stamp)
- If the proposed fence is a pool barrier, submit 2 copies of:
- Plans showing pool location and methods to create a 360-degree barrier around the pool in accordance with the 2020 Florida Building Code (FBC)
- Backup documentation detailing how fence meets FBC pool barrier requirements
- Dimensioned section of the fencing
- Fences are required to meet all Lantana Code requirements, including those of Sec. 23-81(j). For additional information on Code Requirements, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/lantana/codes/code_of_ordinances.
- Temporary construction fences do not require a Town of Lantana building permit.
- All exposed supports for fencing shall face the owner’s property.
- Fences at road intersections and corner lots should comply with visibility requirements of Sec. 23-81(e) and (f).
- If landscape removal is necessary to remove a fence, a separate permit is required.
- A certified NOC is required for permits with a value of greater than $2500 prior to scheduling an inspection.
- Please note this checklist is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional documents may be requested.