The Town of Lantana operates under a Council-Manager form of government. The Town Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the Town, and executes policy set by the Town Council.
The town manager is the chief administrative officer of the town and is responsible for administrative management and delivery of the town's services, programs and special projects. The town's municipal government organization consists of seven (7) town departments – Town Administration, Development Services, Finance, Legal, Library, Police, and Operations. The town manager appoints and supervises town department directors, implements policies established by the Town Council, recommends actions to the mayor and Town Council, prepares and submits th e proposed annual budget and capital improvement program to the Town Council.
Deborah Manzo, Town Manager
Town Manager Debbie Manzo, originally from West Virginia, moved to Palm Beach County in 1983. She has worked in municipal government since 1985 for the Town of Juno Beach with approximately 3,700 residents and the City of Greenacres with a community of over 38,000. Ms. Manzo has a Bachelor Degree in Public Administration and Master Degree in Public Administration.
- Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM), Assn. of State Floodplain Managers, Inc.
- Certified Public Pension Trustee (CPPT), Florida Public Pension Trustees Assn.
- Certified Master Municipal Clerk (MMC), International Institute of Municipal Clerks
- Palm Beach County City Management Assn. (Past President)
- Palm Beach County Local Mitigation Strategy (Chair from 1999-2011; Current Co-Chair)
- Florida Association of City Clerks (Past Director)
- Palm Beach County Municipal Clerks Assn. (Past President)
- Pension Board of Trustees (past Chair)
- Association of State Floodplain Managers
- Certificate of Recognition from FEMA Region IV for outstanding floodplain management. Designated as one of the top six (6) in the nation and top two in the State of Florida in the National Flood Insurance Program's Community Rating System.
- Award of Recognition from PBC Division of Emergency Management for dedication and commitment in chairing the Countywide Local Mitigation Strategy Steering Committee and the Countywide Community Rating System Committee.
- President's Horizon Award (Florida Association of City Clerks).
- Municipal Partner Award from PBC Division of Emergency Management in recognition of service and dedication to the citizens of Palm Beach County for being a critical part of Palm Beach County's mitigation efforts, paving the way for millions of dollars in grant funds to be awarded for mitigation projects.
Ms. Manzo began her employment with the Town of Lantana on May 7, 2012, and pledges a commitment to continue being an ethical, driven, results-oriented individual who is very excited about working with the Town Council, staff, and community to enhance the quality of life that the community expects and deserves.