- All permit applications, two paper copies, and one digital copy of permit documentation should be submitted to the Development Services Department.
- Please note at this time we accept cash or check payments (due at submittal).
- Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding your submittal.
Please check to confirm submittal of the following:
- Completed Permit Application for each individual sign, including:
- Note type of sign proposed as defined in Section 16-1 Definitions of the Town Code
- Note square footage of sign on the square footage section of the application
- Contractor Registration Details (State License/Competency, County BTR, Liability Insurance, Worker’s Compensation) or Owner Builder Affidavit
- A survey of the property (including all improvements and easements)
- 2 copies of the proposed sign designed in accordance with Town Code requirements
- Proposal should indicate:
- Location of the proposed sign (must be outside of the sight visibility triangle)
- Type of material
- Business frontage (in feet)
- Square footage and dimensions of the proposed sign
- A narrative of the square footage of existing signage on the property (table below may be utilized).
Maximum Square Footage Per Chapter 16
Existing Square Footage of Signage on Site
Proposed New Square Footage of Signage on the Site
- If the proposed sign is for a planned development, include a Master Sign Program narrative.
- Signs are required to meet all Lantana Code requirements, including those of Chapter 16. For additional information on Code Requirements, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/lantana/codes/code_of_ordinances.
- Signs are regulated by individual zoning district. Visit https://maps.co.palm-beach.fl.us/cwgis/papa.html or contact Planning@Lantana.org for assistance determining the zoning district for the property.
- Banner signs or other signs not regulated by the Florida Building Code should submit a Lantana Zoning Permit instead of a building permit. For questions on what is regulated, contact Planning@Lantana.org.
- If landscape removal is necessary to install a sign, a separate permit is required.
- An NOC is required for permits with a value of greater than $2500 prior to scheduling an inspection.
- Please note this checklist is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional documents may be requested.