Multifamily and Commercial New Construction Checklist
- All permit applications, two paper copies, and one digital copy of permit documentation should be submitted to the Development Services Department.
- Please note at this time we accept cash or check payments (due at submittal).
- Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding your submittal.
Please check to confirm submittal of the following:
- Completed Permit Application, including a clear description of work
- Contractor Registration Details (State License/Competency, County BTR, Liability Insurance, Worker’s Compensation) or Owner Builder Affidavit
- Copy of an approved drainage permit and approval letter from the Town Engineer
- Copy of an approved Development Order for site plan and landscape plan approval from Planning and Zoning
- A recent survey of the property (including all improvements and easements)
- 2 copies of the proposed plans designed in accordance with Town Code requirements, including:
- Approval stamp from Palm Beach County Fire Rescue
- Site plan of proposed new construction matching the site plan approved by Planning and Zoning
- All property lines, lot coverage (percent under roof), and setbacks of all improvements to property lines
- Location of any walls, fences, driveways, and other improvements
- Plans for any mechanical, electrical, roofing, gas, plumbing, etc.
- Finished floor elevation
- Energy Calculations, Soil Evaluation Report, and Photometric Plan (See Sec. 6-230 for requirements)
- Wall/roof section typical, elevations showing height, floor plans, and foundation/construction plans
- Any other relevant details related to construction or permitting on the property
- 2 copies of all applicable product approvals (windows, roofing, doors, garage doors, shutters, etc.)
- Properties in the Special Flood Hazard Area should submit a pre-construction elevation certificate.
- If the project involves placement of fill in the SFHA, submit Lantana Fill Information Form.
- If the project includes demolition, submit a separate building permit for project demolition.
- If the project will require a new address, submit an address request form to Planning@Lantana.org or in person at the Development Services Department after permit approval.
- If the project will modify a County or State road, submit PBC or DOT permits.
- If a new pool will be constructed, apply for a separate pool permit.
- New construction is required to meet all Town of Lantana Code Requirements. For additional info on Code Requirements, visit https://library.municode.com/fl/lantana/codes/code_of_ordinances.
- All construction sites should be screened with green or black 6 ft chain link fence.
- No tree removal shall be permitted without an approved landscape permit.
- For properties in the flood zone, a during construction elevation certificate must be submitted to the Building Division prior to requesting form/slab inspections AND a final elevation certificate must be submitted prior to Certificate of Occupancy.
- A certified NOC is required on permits with a value of greater than $2,500 prior to scheduling an inspection.
- Please note this checklist is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional documents may be requested.